Sunday, March 27, 2011

Last Night a Dragon Boat Practice Saved My Life


Now that the days are longer, DieselFish has begun practicing on Tuesdays from 6-8pm again. Paddling after work may seem odd, but it’s actually a great way to unclench after a grueling day spent indoors chained to a cubicle.




I’m glad that I attended this week’s Tuesday practice session, because the exercise made all the anxieties about upcoming deadlines that were malingering in my head disappear. All I had to worry about was staying in time with the rest of the crew. My mood got even better after practice when a post-workout endorphin rush kicked in, and flooded my brain with feel good chemicals. I tell people that the best time to break bad news to me is after I get out of the boat, because at that moment, all is right with the world.

If you can’t make it to DieselFish’s Saturday morning practices, please join us on Tuesday evenings. Your evenings will become more healthful and fun.

Hello Internet friends! Doesn’t dragon boat racing with DieselFish sound like fun? Go to http://dieselfish.org/ now to sign up for a free practice session!

No comments:

Post a Comment