Tuesday, August 9, 2022

DRAGON BOAT SUCCESS STORIES: JASMINE’S STORY | DieselFish Dragon Boat Team | Serving San Jose, Peninsula, San Francisco

 For Jasmine, dragon boat racing isn’t just a sport—it’s a part of her heritage.

San Jose/Peninsula/San Francisco Bay Area dragon boat team DieselFish offers free lessons in Redwood City. Email DFcaptains@gmail.com for details.


Please welcome our most recent recruit, Jasmine. Like all our other new recruits, Jasmine was drawn to dragon boat paddling by the excitement, exercise and camaraderie that the sport provides. But for Jasmine, dragon boat paddling isn’t just a sport. It’s also a part of her heritage. Read on to find out how joining DieselFish brought Jasmine closer to her roots.

DF: How did you find out about dragon boat?

Jasmine: My best friend Kailin has been dragon boat paddling since 2018 and she always shares her happy and exciting dragon boat experiences with me. Besides, where I was born in ChinaFoshan, is a place where dragon boat culture is deep in people’s heart and has a great long history. I love the dragon boat culture and the exciting experience when it comes to races, no matter as a padder or an audience.

DF: Why did you join DieselFish?

Jasmine: My best friend Kailin has been a team member of DieselFish since 2018 and she tells me how great and loving the team culture of DieselFish is. And it’s so true after my few practices, team members in DieselFish are very kind and they always encourage me, support me, and give me advice when I have questions, especially since I am a brand-new beginner.

DF: What do you like about dragon boat paddling?

Jasmine: This is my first water team sport experience. I love working with teammates. In order to have a good result, we need to work on the padding at the same pace, same body movement. We rely on each other and that’s the most important. Besides, it's a great exercise to work out. I enjoy it very much.

DF: What was it like to compete at the CDBA Sprint Race?

Jasmine: This is my first dragon boat race in my life. Honestly, I didn’t think I would have the chance to join the race after just a few practices in a month. This is a team sport and I don’t want to be the one who fails the team. However, Captain Alex and our coach Jerry gave me support and encouraging words that made me feel I CAN DO IT! During the race day, I got chances to talk to other teammates, chat with them, laugh with them and most importantly, race with them! I love the whole racing experience. It’s a very fun day!

→ Well done, Jasmine! If she can do it, so can YOU. Email me now at DFcaptains@gmail.com for FREE dragon boat lessons with DieselFish. We’ll offer FREE lessons in Redwood City on 8/13, 8/20, and 8/27. Excitement, exercise and camaraderie (with a touch of cultural heritage thrown in) await you.

- Alex, the Minister of Newbie Happiness 🐲

Copyright 2022 DieselFish Dragon Boat Team. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment