Monday, August 8, 2022

DRAGON BOAT SUCCESS STORIES: GRACE’S STORY | DieselFish Dragon Boat Team | Serving San Jose, Peninsula, San Francisco

Grace enjoys the excitement and teamwork that dragon boat racing with DieselFish brings to her life.

San Jose/Peninsula/San Francisco Bay Area dragon boat team DieselFish offers free lessons in Redwood City. Email DFcaptains@gmail.com for info.

Three cheers for Grace! She recently joined DieselFish after hearing about the team from a former coworker (thanks, JT!). You can tell that Grace had a great time at our latest race—look at her heart-pounding, adrenaline-filled recollection of our championship heat below. You can feel the excitement of dragon boat racing, too! Email me now at DFcaptains@gmail.com for details.

 

DF: How did you find out about dragon boat?

Grace: My former coworker used to be part of DieselFish and advertised a free trial session on her social media. I happened to see it and was interested. She said it was a lot of fun with a great group of people and that I should try it out. So I did!

 

DF: Why did you join DieselFish?

Grace: For the friends, exercise, and fun!

 

DF: What do you like about dragon boat paddling?

Grace: I love the team aspect. I also found out that proper dragon boat paddling form is to use the core, whereas I had previously always been under the impression that it was all arms.

 

DF: What was it like to compete at the CDBA Sprint Race?

Grace: Having never raced before, I was initially very nervous and anxious before we started. However, the adrenaline was full force once we paddled out for line-up. I had to remind myself to just breathe, focus on matching the strokes’ timing [Minister’s note: the strokes set the pace for the rest of the boat], and trust the team. During the final race, hearing teammates yell words of encouragement and count in unison really helped us all dig deep, so that we could get across the finish line. I can't wait for the next race!!

 

→ Well done, Grace! If she can do it, so can YOU. Email me now at DFcaptains@gmail.com for FREE dragon boat lessons with DieselFish. We’ll offer FREE lessons in Redwood City on 8/13, 8/20, and 8/27. Heart-pumping, adrenaline-filled workouts await you.

 

- Alex, the Minister of Newbie Happiness 🐲

 

Copyright 2022 DieselFish Dragon Boat Team. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment