Monday, May 15, 2017

Dragon Boat Success Stories: Kathy’s First Race

Kathy raced after only five practices!



You never forget your first dragon boat race with DieselFish! Kathy just rocked her first race at Lake Merced in San Francisco. Here’s what she had to say about it!

Q: What do you like about the team experience with DieselFish?
A: Someone asked me if I wanted to join, I was a little hesitant. But I really like DieselFish. They’re very warm. They were welcoming. And it really made me feel like I was part of the team right away.

Q: What was it like racing today?
A: It was a little tough with the wind, but we pulled through it, with a lot of tips here and there. And just being really being able to focus on what we are working on. It was really great!

Q: You started only four or five weeks ago? What made you decide to go out and compete today?
A: I really like the challenge and I really like how everybody came together and gave me the boost, going “Hey, you can do it. Let’s try this one!” I’m really thankful the members are encouraging.

Congratulations, Kathy!

Dragon boat racers are made, not born. We will work with you and show you how strong and fast you can be. Email me at dfcaptains@gmail.com today for free lessons!

- Alex, the Minister of Newbie Happiness


1 comment: