Sunday, January 23, 2011

WE NEED TO GET KIM KARDASHIAN TO JOIN DIESELFISH



[Editor's note: This entry was originally posted on the old DieselFish blog on July 20, 2010]
Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt...

Recently, a first-timer left his shirt at BIAC. I picked it up for him, and agreed to hand it back to him at my office during my lunch break.

First Timer: Hi Alex, thanks for picking up my shirt.
Me: No problem! Did you have fun on Saturday?
First Timer: Yeah, but I got really sore the next day!
Me: That's how you know it's working! You had a good workout!
First Timer: Yeah, the next day, my arms were sore, my back was sore…even my butt was sore.
[The security guard that I nod hello to every morning hears this and chuckles to himself]
Me: …Err, yes. The DRAGON BOAT PRACTICE SESSION that you were just referring to does work out those muscle groups…
First Timer: My God, my butt seriously HURT! I had trouble sitting down!
[A bunch of people dressed in suits – upper management-level executives, perhaps? – hear this and start cracking up.]
Me: Yeah, well, that happens when you GO DRAGON BOATING. WHEN YOU TRY DRAGON BOAT FOR THE FIRST TIME, YOU WILL GET SORE IN MANY AREAS, INCLUDING THE PART YOU JUST DESCRIBED.
First Timer: I never knew my butt muscles could ACHE like that! I couldn't drive the next day because my rump hurt too much!
[A bunch of the women from the marketing department walk by and begin giggling uncontrollably]
Me: YES, THE DRAGON BOAT PRACTICE SESSION THAT YOU ARE DESCRIBING WILL WORK OUT NEW AREAS OF THE BODY… [defeated]Look I got to go, please come back and practice with us any time….
###
 
During the off season, a parent of one of kids from the Youth Team gave paddling with DieselFish a shot.
 
Me: Hey [NAME WITHELD], what did your dad think about dragon boat?
[NAME WITHELD]: He liked it, but his butt was really sore the next day. He doesn’t have any fat back there. It’s all bone.
Me: … Please tell him that he can come back any time he wants.


Hello Internet friends! Doesn’t dragon boat racing with DieselFish sound like fun? Go to http://dieselfish.org/ now to sign up for a free practice session!

1 comment: