Friday, October 6, 2023

DRAGON BOAT SUCCESS STORIES: DEEPAK’S FIRST RACE | DieselFish Dragon Boat Team | Serving San Jose, Peninsula, San Francisco

Deepak is new to DieselFish, but not to the sport of dragon boat racing. Far from it. He cut his teeth racing with Montreal’s Dragon Boat Z. After moving to Silicon Valley, the veteran paddler joined DieselFish. Deepak recently completed his first race with the team. Here’s what he had to say about it:

DF: How did your first race with DieselFish go?

Deepak: I’m not use to the stroke length of this team…other than that the pace was nice. At the end of the race, I felt exhausted, which I want to feel like. I had a lot of fun.

DF: What do you like about dragon boat?

Deepak: What I really like about [dragon boat] is the social aspect of it,” he said. “Being on a team of 20 people. It’s always nice to (after practice and even during practice) talk to them and socialize. It’s something I really missed from my previous team.

DF: What do you like about DieselFish?

Deepak: The people! I know that it feels a bit cliché but the people here are really nice. My first practice, I really enjoyed it and I was 99% sure that I was going to join the team. It just took me a second practice before I was convinced that people here are really nice. I took the bullet and joined the team.

→ If Deepak can do it, so can YOU. DieselFish offers FREE dragon boat lessons in Redwood City Email me now at DFcaptains@gmail.com to reserve your seat.

- Alex, the Minister of Newbie Happiness 🐲

Copyright 2023 DieselFish Dragon Boat Team. All rights reserved.

#dragonboat #dieselfish #paddle #canoe #fitness #sanfrancisco #visitrwc #redwoodcity #siliconvalley #sanjose 


No comments:

Post a Comment