Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Dragon Boat Success Stories: Ewa’s First Race


You never forget your first race with DieselFish! Ewa just rocked her first race at the Northern California International Dragon Boat Festival. Here’s what she had to say about it:



DF: How did the race go?
Ewa: it was amazing. We were neck to neck at the end, and the water was just splashing. My whole side of my arm is wet.

DF: What do you like about dragon boat?
Ewa: It can be really intense. You feel it as a team. I love it. That’s what I like most about it— it’s a team sport.

DF: What do you like about a DieselFish?
Ewa: The people are super nice. I’ve felt nothing but welcomed since I joined. Everyone’s been extremely helpful showing me how to [paddle].

I am a complete newbie. I’ve never done this before, so I couldn’t be more grateful to the current participants and having them show me the ropes.

DF: We’re really glad you joined up, Ewa. And congratulations on finishing your first race!


-Alex, the Minister of Newbie Happiness 🐲

San Francisco Bay Area dragon boat team DieselFish offers free lessons in Redwood CIty



1 comment: