Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Woking on Water: Redwood City Dragon Boat Team Cooked with Celebrity Chef

DieselFish appeared on TV



I came across this old recording while clearing space on my DVR. A while back, DieselFish appeared on Cooking Channel’s "Easy Chinese: San Francisco". The series was a cooking show that focused on Asian food in the Bay Area. The producers asked DieselFish to appear on the seafood episode because we’re a water sports team based in Redwood City and we paddle to eat. The episode aired on November 12, 2011. You can read about our experience here. What a great time! We had fun, ate good food and paddled with friends.

Tonight, I rewatched the show for the first time in many years. The experience brought back many happy memories, but I should be living in the moment. I should be focusing on our upcoming practice sessions and foodie adventures. Also, the big race at Treasure Island is coming up.

(Wow, do I really look like that?)

- Alex, the Minister of Newbie Happiness

Redwood City dragon boat team offers free dragon boat lessons. Email me at dfcaptains@gmail.com for fun, good food and new friends!




1 comment: