Thursday, July 25, 2013

San Francisco Bay Area Dragon Boat: Ellen's Paddler Profile




Ellen's DieselFish Profile

Dragon boat racing is the ultimate team sport! Nothing compares to the feeling you get when your team hurtles a boat through the water! Let’s get to know Ellen, DieselFish’s spirited captain, recruiter and award-winning paddler.

-The Minister of Newbie Happiness




*NAME: Ellen/10,000 Lakes/The Token White Girl
*RESIDES: South San Francisco
*PROFESSION: Behavior Therapist
*HOBBIES: Being amazing, baking delicious things
*OTHER SPORTS I PLAY: Why would I do any other sports than dragon boating?
*HOW I FOUND OUT ABOUT DRAGON BOAT: I used to work as a Girl Scout camp counselor in Iowa. We spent one week focusing on water sports where I was first introduced to dragon boating. Later that fall, a bunch of co-counselors and campers participated in an international race on the Mississippi River, and I was hooked!
*YEAR JOINED DIESELFISH: February 2012
*FAVORITE DIESELFISH MOMENT: Judging a rap/dance competition with some fellow fishies that was put on by DieselFish Youth at the 2012 Long Beach team dinner. Those kids have got some swag!
*FAVORITE AFTER-PRACTICE EATING SPOT: That's a toss up between Mar y Tierra and Ike’s!
*ADVICE FOR NEWCOMERS: As much as it hurts during the first practice, it gets so much easier every time! So keep coming out and watch yourself transform into a paddling machine!
*I PADDLE WITH DIESELFISH BECAUSE: When I first moved to California a little over a year ago I didn’t know a soul. I quickly found DieselFish and they have become my closest friends and most tight-knit community for me. They are a great support system and love to push one another so everyone improves as a team!


Look for the red hair!


Job well done, Ellen!
Ellen won two awards last season!



 
 






1 comment:

  1. http://dieselfishdragonboat.blogspot.com/2013/07/san-francisco-bay-area-dragon-boat_25.html

    ReplyDelete